Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Coupon for Cancer

I've been racking my brain to come up with ways to fundraise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's  Light the Night Walk.  It's easy enough to just donate your money, but to get more involved with the cause, I have decided to Coupon for Cancer.  The steps I'm taking are as follows:

1. Set a Budget

For my family, I am setting a budget of $25 per person per week.  Our average grocery bill is around $75 a week, which adds up quickly now that we are trying to eat organic and unprocessed foods.  Especially since produce looks so good this time of the year!  I could blow our budget on produce alone I think!  I say per person, because I will have 4 extra teenagers staying with me for 2 weeks while I'm doing this, so I have to be realistic.  Our normal budget for 2 1/2 eaters will be blown out of the water!  

2. Save with Coupons

With our budget set, however much I save below our weekly budget by couponing after 3 months, will be donated to our team fundraising for Light the Night.


Not only do I figure that this is a great way to keep our focus on this cause each week as I plan and prepare our list and shopping, but I have really been wanting to learn to coupon more effectively for healthy foods.  So this may motivate me to learn more creative ways to save on organic and whole foods for my family.  I am horrible at blogging, but my hopes are to keep people updated with where I am in this, and perhaps even get some of my fellow couponers on board to Coupon for Cancer as well!

To join our team and walk with us, or to learn more, visit my Light the Night Webpage at http://pages.lightthenight.org/ncfl/Orlando12/ASchlottman

No comments:

Post a Comment