Friday, July 6, 2012

Coupon for Cancer - Week 1

I am in the process of building a team for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk on October 17th, in honor of my father in law, who has suffered with Lymphoma for over 10 years.  In order to begin fundraising for our team, I have committed to Coupon for Cancer.  For the next 12 weeks, I have set a budget, and however much below my budget I come in by using coupons, I will donate that amount to our team. 

So week 1 is going much better than I had thought.  This week starts out with my family of 3, along with my 4 neices and nephews, who will be visiting.  Adjusting for 4 teenagers eating through my pantry, I gave myself a budget of $150, which is double what it would normally be.  I included everything from food, to paper products, and health and beauty products.  The only thing I didn't include were pet supplies and baby wipes.  My total came out to $127.34, leaving us with a week 1 donation of $22.66!  Our teams first donation! 

If you are interested in joining our team to walk with us, you can do so on our website http://pages.lightthenight.org/ncfl/Orlando12/Life2Live4.  It costs nothing but your time.  You can also make a donation at the same webpage.  Hopefully more savings next week!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment